Here is what's in the pledge:
Budget and taxes
- Stop all tax hikes from taking effect Jan. 1 as a result of the expiration of cuts adopted under former President George W. Bush.
- Cut government spending to 2008 levels to save $100 billion and limit spending increases.
- Freeze hiring of non-security federal employees.
- Repeal the health care law and replace with curbs on malpractice lawsuits, personal "health savings accounts" and other steps.
- Permanently prohibit taxpayer funding of abortion.
Laws and regulations
- Require sponsors to cite the constitutional authority for any measure moving through Congress.
- Ensure that foreign terrorism suspects are not given civilian trials.
- Rein in federal regulation by requiring Congress to approve any rule that has annual economic cost of $100 million or more.
Security and immigration
- Fully fund U.S. missile defense efforts.
- Strengthen border security and enact tougher visa reviews.
For more go to: pledge.gop.gov
Now that's a good start!