- Recessions are bound to happen.
- Central planning and excessive regulation sure don't work.
- Some regulation is necessary.
- A stimulus will only stimulate the deficit.
- The economy is too complex for precise forecasting.
- Remember the rule of unintended consequences.
- You won't believe how much you'll learn in Econ 101.
- Leave social justice out of it.
- Nothing beats the free market.
- As a rule of thumb, government cures are not only worse than the disease, but lead to further disease.
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Ten Hayekian Insights for Trying Economic Times
These insights were adapted from a Heritage First Principles Essay by Bruce Caldwell.